1987 dodge w150 4x4 transmission slips

Asked by Oct 21, 2013 at 07:49 AM about the 1987 Dodge Ramcharger

I have a 1987 Dodge W150 4x4 pickup. The transmission is slipping. It only does it when starting out and when under load (when i'm on it) On the highway does fine. Are there adjustments that can be done.

Not really, once you get to that point your looking a rebuild. Slipping is usually worn bands or a broken torque convertor. If one or both are worn, it's best to put all new parts in while you have it apart. Have it looked at to make sure. How is the fluid?

Phil Nielsen

go to a reputable tranny shop and get it looked at. it could be that it just needs a band adjustment, new fluid and a gasket job.