Fried something

Asked by Sep 14, 2015 at 06:45 PM about the 1985 Dodge Ramcharger

Yesterday I fried something on the 85
ramcharger I'm trying to restore. I let a test
light touch a couple of parts on my
alternator and now there is no power to the
key. There is a lot of wires and other things
going on so yeah I'm hoping that someone
knows where to start.

You probably burnt up a fusable link. They are blue on a Mopar. Just use a 12 Volt test light and u should find which one is burnt up

Check back andet us know what u find.

I didn't find anything that had a fuse in it. I'm not used to this much wiring and I took apart the steering column and key switch everything looked good, the fuses in the fuse box under the dash are all good, replaced the relay, is there anything else that I should look at before replacing wiring hoping that would work.