have a dodge Ramcharger 1983, change the fuel injection for carburator

10

Asked by Jan 18, 2016 at 06:22 PM about the 1983 Dodge Ramcharger

Like I said I had a mechanic change the fuel injection change to a carburetor, it worked for about two weeks but acted like there was no power going to the engine, and finally die, now it wont start it tries but no success, now I had three mechanics worked on it nobody nows whats wrong!, any ideas

22,675

I have an idea- if you wanted a carb-ed pickup, you coulda just bought a different truck- or changed out the whole engine- that conversion just won't work-

72,075

Sounds like it is costing you more than if you would have gotten the fuel injection fixed.

69,235

The basics - compression, fuel and spark. Make sure the engine is in good shape and that the timing is correct and getting good spark at the plugs. Make sure the carb is getting enough fuel at the right pressure. Check the fuel pump and filter. Make sure there is no vacuum leaks.

10

thanks Man sounds good... will see what happens