Asked by Jul 23, 2011 at 12:46 PM about the 1975 Dodge Ramcharger

I keep throwing out my u-joints and i dont know why. it has a little more backlash in the rear end then it is sapose to have but that has been there for a couple years now and it just started doing the u joint thing. Full-time four wheel drive, 440ci, dana 44's

try checking your pinion angle, and make sure that your slip yoke is traveling enough to keep the joints at the correct angle

I checked with a driveline balancing specialist and he told me that the aftermarket u-joints are no good, and finding original equipment, [ u-joints ] is almost impossible. I have changed mine out several times and still have vibration. Good luck.