my brake lights on 1984 dodge ram 350 van are not working

25

Asked by Apr 01, 2008 at 09:15 AM about the 1984 Dodge Ram Van

Brake lights and blinkers are not working and I don't know what fuses to change.

42,595

Could have a defective stop lamp switch or a short in the wiring. Look through your fuses for blown fuses or get a Haynes manual, which will have a fuse diagram.

55

try changing the cluster inside ur steering column.

2,110

common problem on the older chryslers...start by jumping the green wire on the turn signal switch to the brown one.this will check the brake light circuit,if the lights come on circuit ok...if the don't replace the

195

It could be a fuse or a ground problem it could also be a faulty conecter. If it's just your break lights thet don't work (you still have tail lights but they don't get any brighter when you hit the breaks) it is most likely the break light switch found under the dash at the top of the break peddle arm. hope this helps you

195

if you're sure it's a fuse go to your local hardware or auto parts store and pick up a fuse tester and an asortment of fuses

135

Wow.. that extremely helpful. Hey I have an idea, why don't you take your new truck with its high cost and low resale value right back to your comfortable place along side your fellow wasteful neighbors. I'll keep my 1984 pickup which I bought for less than a $1000 and smile on my way past you, as you head to the bank to make your next truck payment.

11,785

dont you love complete idiots who think newer is better? take a look at any body panel on your 1984 truck, and then compare it to say even the panel on my 04 3500 your metal is prolly 1/8" thicker or more than mine is, the truck has already lasted 20+ years thats longer than any new car or truck will ever last, just cause you might have a bad brake switch doesnt mean the truck needs to go haha