I am looking at a 1979 Dodge Ram Van. Only 85K miles. What are the pros and cons of this van? Age? Reliability?

Asked by Jun 09, 2013 at 02:07 PM about the 1979 Dodge Ram Van

I need a van for my band. Will this thing leave me on the side of the road? How easy is it
to repair and are parts costly? SHould I be looking at a Ford or something else?

5

anything can leave you on the side of the road. the older the vehicle the easier they are to repair and cheeper you can get a small box truck with higher miles that has been kept in good shape they are built to haul and go for miles some have 4 or 6 cyl good on gas

What about the availability of parts when the inevitable happens?

5

Before you buy anything call a parts store and see what have in stock, ask for a water pump,belts,etc. or something . That may help