Should i use bondo?

3,715

Asked by Apr 25, 2013 at 09:43 AM about the 1989 Dodge Ram 50 Pickup

I am starting to get a little rust on my rear wheel wells right above the tire. i want to get rid of the rust, but i dont want it to come back, and i dont know if bondo will help.

99,135

Bondo will not help. To permanently rid your car of rust, it has to be removed by grinding or sanding. If it's too deep to remove, the rust is cut out and new metal is welded in place. --- Bondo is used as a thin coat on the surface to even the repair area.

2,405

no man just grind it down and if it doesnt come off, just weld another peice of metal. then put bondo to even everything out.