Carburetor Flooding

10

Asked by Aug 28, 2010 at 03:41 PM about the 1985 Dodge Ram 50 Pickup

I have a 1985 Dodge Ram 50, 4WD, 2.6 motor. I have taken apart the carburetor twice and cleaned it. The bowel had some sand in it. I've cleaned out all the ports and put all new gaskets in it. I have also installed a an inline fuel filter in the fuel line coming into the carburetor.

I can't figure out why it is still flooding! is there anything I am missing?

10

I forgot to add: It runs fine one minute and starts great, and then the next minute it floods out and fuel starts poring in. then the next min when it randomly stops poring fuel in it starts back up and runs great. Please help

880

your flot level adjustment isn't right or you have a pinhole in the float and the gas is entering making the float stay down so i dosen't cut off the fuel coming in. the old brass floats were known for this