No spark

Asked by Feb 28, 2011 at 11:31 AM about the 1981 Dodge Ram 50 Pickup

just bought a one owner 1981 ram 50. not getting any spark to plugs, have replaced coil,distributor cap and rotor,ignition control module,  pick up coil tested good as did all the plug wires. does anyone know if there is a safety shut down switch or oil sending unit that might be the problem,thanks Dale

90

nope got the same problem if i figure it out i will let you know if you do before me email me at sethhawk2000yahoo.com have you tested to see if you're getting fie to your coil there is a black wire with a white line the connects to the resistor that should be hot when the key is on start from there that's where i am at

11,635

my 96 ram 1500 360V8 had a ceramic resistor block in it, that cut the voltage from 12V-6V at the coil, that shit the bed and poof no spark

10

Just ran into similar problem on my 1992 Ram 50 2.6 L Replaced distributor cap and rotor. Found out timing belt was missing teeth and slipping when I tried to start it.