catalytic converters on 1980 Dodge D 50 Royale, is there one in the exhaust manifold?

10

Asked by Nov 12, 2015 at 11:53 AM about the 1980 Dodge Ram 50 Pickup

Removed the catalytic converter on the exhaust pipe but still acts like a clogged converter, is there also one in the exhaust manifold itself?

65,225

I seriously doubt there is more than one cat on your Dodge. Check the muffler to make sure it is not plugged up.

30

Hi... There is a secondary CAT converter inside the exhaust manifold. It is probably clogged up like mine was. I rebuilt the motor on my 1986 2.6L and was suprised in the lack of power. So I went to an exhaust shop and the took the pipe off at the manifold outlet and used a long steel pick and broke apart the old secondary CAT inside the manifold. Truck ran so much better after. Contact me at scottmckethomas @ gmail . com if you want to ,confer on what to do. I have rebuilt my truck from the ground up so I can help you with problems that may arise.... :) Take Care

Best Answer
10

Thank You, I was told by someone that the secondary converter was in the exhaust manifold thanks again for verifying my suspicions.