My truck is not getting gas to the carburater ???

Asked by Nov 07, 2014 at 05:30 PM about the 1979 Dodge Ram 50 Pickup

I put a new fuel pump, blew threw the lines, cleaned the tank Rebuilt the carburater.The motor runs while i spray starter fuel in it.   It has very little gas in the filter at the tank. Please help Thank's Gene

11,595

Obviously recheck to make sure all of your fuel lines are intact and free of rust, holes, kinks and good tight connections. Have you tried it with the gas cap off. Is it possible that you have a vent problem? Is the cam functional that the fuel pump arm rides on? Try it with the fuel line disconnected from the carburetor. Does it pump fuel with it disconnected? Is the float stuck inside the carb? I'm just throwing things out there that come to mind..

11,595

Could it be "air bound". Did you try priming the fuel lines?