88 dodge ram, no spark

Asked by Aug 09, 2010 at 12:18 PM about the 1988 Dodge Ram

has new ignition mod, coil, battery, wires, cap and rotor, ignition resistor, only has 8.5 volts going to coil, book said starter relay bad, auto parts store said it doesnt have one

295

check for a bad resistance in the ignition wire from the ignition switch going to the coil.There is an inline resistor which should drop the amperage going to the ignition coil ,to keep it from overheating, and this resistor wire may be the blame.

Why would it spark when it's out and you turn it bye hand it's a perfect spark I put it back in the truck and it has nothing would a resiste cause that