1947 Dodge WC pick up

Asked by Nov 04, 2017 at 12:51 PM about the 1986 Dodge Ram

Hello ,

I have 1947 Dodge  WC pick up
I swap  the engine to 360
I canceled the mechanical fan and
replaced it with 2  electric fan
I installed new champion radiator
but I have a problem with the heat is over  
and over

8,225

air pockets ?

127,495

I know this sounds dumb but I have seen it happen, did you take out the plastic plugs in the inlet and outlet of the new radiator. Now that being said, is the engines thermostat fully operational, check the rotation of the cooling fans, you didn't state if you mounted in front or in the back of the radiator, some fans are pushers others are pullers and some can be either direction, now is the radiator large enough to handle the engine, single core dual core, etc. make sure the hoses are of goo quality, you don't want them collapsing while running.

8,225

I just watched a restoration show and they had a similar problem , the fans were too far away from the radiator and air was going around it instead of through it , a proper shroud solved it