dodge wont start

40

Asked by Jul 14, 2010 at 10:32 AM about the 1986 Dodge Ram

i have a 86 dodge ram 318 engine ive changed cap an rotor pickup module ignition coil plugs alternator what is keeping it from starting

675

Basics first. At this point we can be pretty sure that you have spark, but its worth checking. I don't know exactly when they started using crank position sensors on those, but they are a common problem on vehicles so equipped. Again, not sure which you have but, a carburetor should squirt fuel when you pump the throttle and fuel injectors in a throttle body should squirt when you crank the engine. Fuel pressure could be an issue. Post back with your progress, we will figure this out.

40

thanx for the response the problem was the pickup module needed to be adjusted to create a stronger spark now it starts but will shut down an it will need a jump