1989 dodge dynasty

Asked by Apr 06, 2008 at 03:12 PM about the 1989 Dodge Dynasty

I would like to know where the automatic shutdown relay is located so I can replace it. My car has no spark at all and i put a new selinoid in

40,875

If there is such a thing, it will be in the underhood fuse box/integrated power module. Sounds more like an ECM issue to me. Never heard of an automatic shutdown relay.

65

It probably has the 2.2L TBI engine in it, and it probably has a lock-up A-413 transmission, verses the Non-Lock- up A-413, and if the car turns over and just does not start, I would start by checking power to the rest of the ignition system first. I would start at the coil and go from there. And if there is power at the coil, then I would check your pick up connectors on the distributor, there should be one or two (I am pretty sure it will have one) that should just connect to the wiring harness. But if there is no power at the coil, I would just work your way back from the coil because you may have a short in the wires or one is not cooked up properly. Good Luck.