2 barrel or 4 barrel carburetor?

5

Asked by Sep 27, 2007 at 11:33 AM about the 1987 Dodge Diplomat

i have a 1987 dodge diplomat with a 318 2 barrel 5.2l engine.. im sorta overhaulin and i want quite a bit of power but not like drag or anything.. just to make it growl ya know. i have a 750 4 barrel carb at home and im thinking about changing the intake manifold and adding that 4 barrel.. would it give me the power and speed that i wanted or no

5,175

A 750 4bbl vs. a 2 bbl would be like the rabbit and the hare. It would make a big difference. Keep in mind that it is just a 318 though. That might be a slight bit overkill. If it's what you've got though, I say definitely use it over that old 3 barrel.

5

post is quite helpful, i appreciate it.. 750 4bbl it is

I said 3 barrel....stupid me...TYPO!