How to take apart a door

Asked by Jul 19, 2016 at 12:57 AM about the 1967 Dodge Coronet

My window fell into my door, and I was wondering
how to take the door part so I can put the window
back into place?

24,445

Remove every visible screw you see, and check in the armrest for screw as well. Then use a flat pry tool to pop the plastic rivets holding the door panel to the door. They do make plastic 'trim removal tools' for this purpose, so as to not scratch the paint. With the panel out of the way, you'll be able to reach the window regulator.

Best Answer

The problem is Ken, these are manual windows

238,105

You use the same procedure as Ken described to remove the panel and one with power windows. You have to remove the crank as one of the first pieces to remove.

24,445

You ca pick up a special tool for removing the crank too, it will make getting the retaining clip off easier.