66 Coronet keeps running when I turn off the key.

5

Asked by Apr 01, 2012 at 05:40 PM about the 1966 Dodge Coronet

I have an awsome coronet that's been converted over to electronic ignition long before I got the car. It's been working great till yesterday when I shut the key off it kept running. All the other electronics shut off except the ignition. I pull the coil wire to kill the engine but if I leave the batterie conected it kills the batteriie. I changed the ballast resistor the voltage regualtor and the ignition module so far. Any thoughts? Thanks Doug 218-821-4394

15

with only the info given sounds like you might have an ignition switch problem. using a volt meter or test light start tracing the wire from the resister back to the ignition switch.