i have a 66 coronet 440 automatic and restored it.I changed over to electronic ignition

Asked by May 19, 2010 at 11:30 PM about the 1966 Dodge Coronet

they put a petronics unit in the distributor.It runs fine for a while at 55-60 mph but then you kick it and it will start sputtering and missing or if you slow down to 10 -30 mph it will die but usually starts right back up.Does anybody have an idea what i should do?thanks

10,845

First off... Nice car.. I had a buddy that owned one back in high school... Ok.. Not sure if this is much help.. But when I converted my Chevelle over to Electronic ignition and did away with the points, the Accel manual had me use a different set of spark plugs.. Been so long ago though since I owned that car I can't if they were colder or hotter plugs. Sorry. But something to look into.