average price for replacement of front main bearing seal?

Asked by Feb 11, 2007 at 12:46 AM about the 1987 Dodge Colt

What is the average price (including labor fees) for replacement of the front main bearing seal? It is leaking a lot of oil. Will it cost more than what the car is worth? It only has 47,000 miles on it.

18,695

Hello, The price depends in some part on your location, so I would call around to a couple of Dodge dealers and unaffilliated mechanics to get an accurate number. The front main bearing seal is generally less than a rear one ($900 difference in my Volvo). I would estimate this repair would cost $200, but the only way to get an accurate estimate is to talk directly to the mechanic. Best of luck! CarGrrl