what would be the price of a 1977 dodge charger 318 with 59,000 miles

Asked by Oct 05, 2007 at 10:38 AM about the 1977 Dodge Charger

My uncle has been told that he could get possibly 80,000 dollars for his Dodge Charger 1977 with 59,000 miles.  What do you think the car is worth?  

I would say you'd be lucky to get in the $5000-7000 range. Honestly, there are people all over that will feed you a line of crap about an old car you have. My grandfather had a 1961 T-Bird which he had owned for almost 30 years. People were always saying "Is that for sale? I'll give you $25,000 for it if you'll sell it." He never wanted to sell. When he lost his driver's license at 91 and we had to put him in a home for dementia, my father and I put the car on the market. We ended up getting $2500 for it. That was the best offer after months of advertising online, classic car ads, etc. And the '61 T-Bird is already widely regarded as a "classic." The '77 Chargers were not very popular, they shared a body with the Chrysler Cordoba and Magnum, and they had a troublesome "Lean-Burn" engine control system which caused many people problems. His has the smallest engine offered that year -- the 360 and 400 were upgrade options to the 318, and so might command a slight premium -- but there's no way I can see getting $80,000 and the first thing I would do would be ask the person who told him this to sign the check and he'll go get the title. Check out this information, including the important last line: "It remains to be seen whether the '77-'78 Charger will ever reach "classic" status." http://www.moparautos.com/charger77-78.htm Truth be told, I don't believe after many years in the buying/selling classic cars business, that there is ANY late 1970's vehicle worth over about $15,000. You see a lot of '76 Eldorado convertibles, for example, with very low miles (sometimes in the 50-100 mile range) and they typically don't even top $20k.

We have a 1977 Dodge Daytona Charger SE. Only 250 of this model were made, the body made in Canada. It has a T-top, 8-track player, bucket seats. It is the black/grey with red pinstriping. We want to "cherry" this out if the result would be worth it. Do you have any idea of the price range this particular Dodge SE would command if totally cherried out? Engine, trans, drive chain are all good. Just needs body work and interior work.

I have one know anyone looking to buy? Not running and no title, has some rust but the car is complete. Make offer... Contact me at

there isnt such thing as a 77 charger

74 was the last year

sorry smarty pants, but the charger was made until 1977. you should maybe google before posting such a ridiculous answer.

Too new to be a classic. a 1974 goes for about $5,627 https://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/HVT/VehicleSearch/Report?vc=1330839

The Charger was made in three stages: 1966-78 (yes, there was a '78 Charger, it was obscured by the new Magnum), 1982-87 (Omni-based) Charger 2.2, and the current 2005-14 Charger sedans. I personally liked the '75-77 Daytona, and would love to put a Hemi in one. Especially one with a T- bar roof. Seeing many of them restomodded puts rest to the myth that those cars were too weak for that kind (400+hp) of power! 9

I am currently working on a 1977 Charger Daytona SE, I dropped in a street able 440 with roller cam, Indy heads, EZ - EFI 2.0, and a 4-speed from a 70 Charger. It has a pistol grip shifter and a Dana 60 w/4.10. The eng. made 565 HP @ 6400 and 535 ft/lb @ 5000 or so. There is no way I would let this car go for less than 40 t0 45 Grand when it is finished of course. Jimmy jimsautocenter@optonline.net

I have bought 3, 1977 Charges (2 Daytona's and a SE) in grand total I paid $5500 for them, and have put more than 16K into them, and I know none of them will every sell for more than $7,500. This car is past the muscle car era and will never be worth allot of money, you buy this car and modify it to enjoy watching the other guys face when you win with a 2 ton car.

Thanks for the info, I know this is something that I will never get the money back out of but like you stated it feels great when they stand around with their mouth open wondering what just left them in the dust.

I to have seen them in the $5,000 range the car has 185 horsepower ain't going nowhere. Iif someone has one of these for sale I would be interested in buying a two tone blue model contact me at Jimansam at wi.rr.com

I seen a guy on Craigslist in Texas who has the rarest which is a midnight edition with t-tops however the graphics stickers are special and his are faded out to nonexistent you got a replacement trunk in the front end is laying in the dirt. And he still think the cars worth $2,500. some people have to get educated about what is rusted piece of s*** car is worth

I just bought a 5th 1977 two tone blue model would 41000 original on it and a moonroof for under $5,000 so you people in Michigan you know who you are who you are trying to sell that one up there for $10,000 good luck

If your a selling a 1977 dodge charger. Please let me know. r_reeg@ yahoo.com

What parts are you in need of? Maybe I can help?

I am looking for interior plastic light covers center cap rallye wheels 2.5" diameter by 1.25 long chrome. Or one for parts. Jim

Does anyone know if a 77 Dodge Charger Daytona with a 400 with a moonroof if there's any in existence .please email or call 414-628- 9286 or Jimansama@wi.rr.com

what is the value of a 1977 daytona charger with 11000 miles .it has a factory 440.ordered special.i know the owner.

Can you send me pics of this car with a 4:40 please engine in it don't believe they ever made one with Daytona package but I could be wrong and would love to see it Jimansam@wi.rr.com

Looking for silver black 77 daytona anyone know ofone? 4146289286 jim

Looking for a 77 in midnight blue Had one 40 years ago Not much of a power car but lots of good memories Let me know if there one around for sale

I'm looking for a 1977 Dodge Charger Daytona SE. 400 4bbl Ideally it. Would be the grey/black two tone paint job but will take either blue or yellow. E-mail me at jc@inethome.ca.

Hey everyone. I have my dads 1977 charger SE. Big block 400, T-top. It's a complete car. I put all new interior in. ( seats and carpet ) Was going to restore the complete car until I found out how hard parts are to find. So thinking about selling it. Any takers? Contact me 602-290-4938.

I have a 1977 Charger 318 with documented 8,500 miles,Dark Blue, for sale. showroom survivor, classmotor@aol.com

My 77 Charger Daytona SE has a 600 hp 440 wedge in it. A 70 Hemi 4 speed. 4.10 Dana trac pac from a road runner that has been narrowed to fit. Jimmy

1977 Charger Daytona SE

So my 91-year old Momma got this 1977 Charger SE for her birthday back in 1977. She now has a whopping 49,800 miles on it. It has always been garaged kept and it's her baby. Unfortunately she had to give up driving 4 years ago. There are three of us kids and none of us have any interest in keeping it. We know she'd be willing to sell it if she knew someone was going to love it as much as she does. Of course, we've heard all the stories of "how much she could get for it"... but realistically, I know it's well past the "muscle car" stage and is more like the "Little Old Lady from Pasenda" stage. We'd like to advertise it for sale, but have no idea what it might be worth. I can tell you this... it was pretty much used to go back and forth to the grocery store 1.5 miles from home every week. No one was ever allowed to eat or drink in it and I swear I still get a whiff of that new car smell every now and then. If anyone has any idea what we can list it for, it would be greatly appreciated.

First car I bought was a 77 charger Daytona SE. Loved the style and ride of the car. Lean burn system was another thing. I'd be interested in finding one again. Especially it it had the 2 tone yellow like my original one had.

Looking for a 77 Dodge Charger Daytona like Lucien’s. I had one in HS with a 400. Anyone have one for sale? Email Bdinkelman@hotmail.com

Looking to buy a 1977 two tone Dodge Daytona Charger with center console, I had one when I was younger. Been looking for another one for years but every time I find one it has already sold. I would consider all two tone colors. Especially if it has a working 8 Track tape. Call Boyd in Arkansas @ 479-877-9732