is it normal to spend $42,000 in repairs for a 2004 phantom mostly electrical. It has only 48,000 miles.

Asked by Jan 04, 2014 at 01:37 PM about the 2004 Rolls-Royce Phantom

I bought an 04 phantom in 05 with 9,000 miles. After the warranty went out I have spent $42,000 in repairs, mostly electrical. I only go to the authorized repair center in Costa Mesa, Ca.

1,755

It is really hard to believe you spent that much money in repairs on a car manufactured by a company run by BMW. If I were you, I would send a letter to Rolls Royce North America and complain bitterly - suggesting you are considering going to the media...you may get some releif in the form of a rebate directly from the mfgr.

Thank you that is a good idea. So far I have only gone to the dealership and threatened to sue, but I learned I can not sue once the warranty has expired according to the lemon laws of Ca.

263,825

Crazy, but it is a Rolls. Pay to play.

Write the manufacturing. Company and tell them what you have been through. Let them know that you purchased the vehicle due also to quality. Tell the dealership that you are going to post your mishaps with this vehicle everywhere you can think of in addition too making sure all know where you purchased it from.