Not starting.

Asked by Jul 05, 2008 at 01:11 PM about the 1996 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

I had The #6 glow plug replaced as well as the directional lever and now the car does not start. The injector pump does not seem to be holding pressure.Before work was prformed the car ran fine. Thank you Dan

8,185

Hmm... directional lever=turn signal correct? I'd double check your work there see if you perhaps knocked a connection loose on something else. I know Benz's are a pain to work on electrically, luckily I've never, and hopefully will never, have to deal with that. I can't think of anything you could do when replacing a plug that could cause this, so if it's related to the work you did I'd guess it's the other work you did. Sorry I couldn't be more help, but thats about all I can think of to poke a stick at.

25

dont understand.be more specific.it cld be frm the ignition key,fuelpump,battery,fuse,.is the engine turning when u turn the ignition?

Yes, the motor turn over and starts.It will run for a few seconds then dies.Tested all circuits and all is checking out ok.The injector pump will not hold pressure.

Yeh.Put the old turn signal lever back in just to see if it was something wrong with the new lever, but still no luck.The car been down for 3 weeks now, so I'm hoping that I can find the problem soon!!!!!

50

is it a w124 or w210 if its the w210 check the wiring to the fuel rack which is integrated in the fuel pump.