my mercedez c280 engine makes an attempt to start but it will not pick up. what is the cause

Asked by Jan 30, 2013 at 10:07 PM about the 1996 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Has this vehicle been sitting a long time. If so you may want to consider having the gas drained and topped off with fresh. Hope this isn't one of those "factory smokers" that I'm inclined to report- Is it high mileage (over 300,000 for a merc)?

6,755

I could not agree more with bob_nueske! Absolutely right!

6,755

Yes!! Pig flesh is certainly one of the most versatile meats. I have been a vegetarian for like 5 years so I haven't eaten any meat for a long time... But I remember ham being my favorite ^_^

2,055

there could be a number of things preventing the car from starting... Gas can sit in a car longer than 7 months and the car would still start just fine... a few things you could check - battery charged? any check engine lights on / service engine soon light? More information would be able to help you more... how many miles does it have, have you recently replaced anything on it, apparant question of how long has it been sitting if more than 7 months... could be any number of dead sensors in the car also... more info please

Best Answer Mark helpful

one bite and you'll put down those veggies. From Wisconsin, it is my duty to be flabby and disgusting, but have moved to California, but drop ship the nueske's. This is truly one of life's greatest pleasures. This and my mini cooper...have arrived in heaven.

They were extremely unspecific. We just assumed that the car had been sitting awhile. Why else would you NOT DRIVE a mercedes? yes robert we could use a few more crumbs out here-

6,755

Haha I don't really miss the meat... I am actually thinking about going vegan soon.

25

I THOUGHT THIS WAS A CAR HELP SITE FACEBOOK IS 2 CLICKS AWAY

5,035

There are a number of things that could prevent it from starting . So first thing to do is get the engine computer codes checked for possible faults. If there is a fault code stored It will tell you where to start looking. A bad crank angle sensor could cause a crank-but-no-start situation. But until you check the codes, We're just guessing

Denis, with a rating of zero, likes to yell and be inappropriate, and is probably on FB right now! When the positor of a question will not respond, us GURUs like to fill in a few details...so put that in your pipe and smoke it! you have no manners and was born in a barn. jeso christie~

NosaRex either has passed out due to exhaust fumes in an enclosed garage, just doesn't like the GURU style or was called away from our posting with a medical emergency~