key locked in trunk

Asked by Jan 27, 2009 at 03:34 PM about the 1998 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

we are a body shop and tech locked key in trunk. trunk release button on console does't work. any ideas?

855

if the car has an owner, call them they likely have the spare. if you picked the car up at auction or something... call a locksmith.

85

in that car the back seat shoud flop down there should be two straps on top of the back of the seat on both sides

120

My son locked his keys in his 1991 Mercedes 300 SE. The good thing about the older Mercedes is that you can't lock yourself out of the car itself. The drivers side door can't lock unless you use your key. After taking the back seat out, to no avail, finding out that there is not any easy way to get in the trunk, I began manually pulling all the hand locks up and down until I heard a pop in the trunk. ... The vacuum system released the trunk lock (nowhere in the owners manual does it state this fact :/).. This saved us $100 for a locksmith. Hopefully this information will help someone else.

435

While I have not done it, it is possible to lock yourself out of a W126 if you are carrying a passenger. Locking the passenger door by depressing the door locking pin will lock the whole car. This is something to watch out for :)

435

I would check the fuses for the remote trunk release, fuse numbers 3, 5, and 19. These are all located within the main box. Good luck!

110

OK...LOCKED keys in mercedes trunk..if any of the doors are still unlocked, most mercedes (not sure about 2005 and newer), but my 2002 e-430 has a master unit directly beside the battery under the back seat (it's under the heavy foam protector). you can see this immediately as the "Air-lines" are usually yellow. the trunk line is easy to trace as it is the only one going under the door trim to the trunk. with a screw-driver, gently pull back the tab so that line can be remobved from the master air unit. take a bicycle pump, insert the end into the coupler and give it a short blast...viola...the trunk will pop open!

130

I have a 2007 Mercedes Benz with the keys locked in the trunk could you please tell me how to release the trunk

10

Take a wedge and run a hook through the back seats into the trunk. There is a white clothlike lever you can hook onto. Pull it and it will release the backseats allowing you to gain access to the trunk!

I locked the primary electronic key (the one with the internal manual key blade) in the trunk of my 1998 Mercedes Benz E320. The car was unlocked, but my trunk release switch on the center console did not work. I looked for solutions on the Internet and tried the "bottom two fuses removal" and "remove rear seat back" methods, to no avail. Then, I ran across charleshewitt's solution (see above) and learned there is a way to open the trunk without a key using the hydraulic lock system. This system uses air, not fluid, so it's a piece of cake to do it. 1) Remove the rear seat cushion (depress levers at each end of the seat, facing the front of the vehicle, at the bottom where the seat meets the carpet, and pull seat up and out). 2) Pull the foam insulation away from the master hydraulic lock system. It is on the passenger side of the rear seat deck, behind the battery and beside the fuse bus. It has many small yellow air hoses leading from it. 3) Locate the air hose that leads toward the rear of the car, which is the truck hydraulic lock hose. In my case there were two hoses leading toward the back, one to the gas tank fill door and the other to the trunk. If you can't identify the correct one, I don't think it will hurt anything to try the next step on them both. 4) Detach the hose from the hydraulic unit, and use a 9V tire inflator, bicycle pump, or compressor (and an adapter) to blow air into the hose Viola! You will hear the trunk lock disengage, and the lid will pop open.