need a jump can't get in trunk to the battery 2000 s benz

Asked by Jul 28, 2012 at 07:47 PM about the 2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

3,095

Look under in the engine compartment for a jump start point it should have a black cover with a red plus sign, this is were you put the positive cable and you can use any grounded point for the negative. Look for big un painted screws. I recommend to leave it for five minutes so the battery takes some charge if the batt is too low before you try to start the vehicle.

3,005

On the 'S' class you will not find the 'jump start' point. what you can do is to backfeed the battery by connecting a jump lead to the large positive lead on the starter motor and another to an earth point on the chassis, this will allow you to operate the button on the key or the button on the console to release the bootlid.

10

The right way of doing it is on the passenger side under your fuses there is a positive point. The ground I would look for a spot around the motor not near the belts.

9,455

no, open your key, your key fob, has a mini key, strictly for the trunk access, then under the lip above the license plate is where you insert it, adn whala a few twists and in the trunk,

130

How do i jump start a 2000 sl 500 when i can't get into the trunk, is there anything under the hood

20

Get ajump box with a cigarette lighter plug

I am a GPS installieren I ask an advice how to find 2 cable one is plus that is always on and other is cable with contact who can tell mee

10

How do you remove the engine cover off a mercedes S500

20

I have a 1992 mercedes benz battery is , can't open the trunk to jump the car

Here is the answer based on experience, not wishful thinking. Upon returning from a long holiday I found my Mercedes 3.2 S class's battery was completely dead. What more, the boot (trunk in USA !) would not open with a key. And, the starter motor is not accessible so forget about the positive feed from the battery. Here is what you do. Lift the back seat and cut through the cover. You will see the red thick feed from the battery. Cut a bit of the insulaton until you see copper. Connect the + clip of charger to it and - clip to a clean bolt to the car body. You are away. Have a long drink while the battery gets charged. Good luck.

160

I am not sure what to do I am totally locked out of my car... I have a 2000 Mercedes Benz S430 neither remote access nor emergency key will work anywhere on the car so I'm locked out of my car what do you suggest I do

Remove the main key from the key fob and open your car.There’s a little button on your remote control press it to release the keys and insert the key in the driver side door and your car will open and then pop up the hood the hood opener.Good luck