Engine no start. Car cranks, fires iratically but will not run

Asked by Oct 06, 2010 at 03:34 PM about the 1992 Volvo 740

My car was running great after I had changed injectors and disconected a  cold start injector which was incorrectly operating when the abient air temps were in the 80s (thus loading up the plugs). One day, after about 25 miles of errands, I went into a Volvo dealer to buy something and the car would not restart. It has a Regina system. Fuel pressure is unknown (no access to hooking up a gauge from the factory fuel rail). HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50

MY VOLVO 740 IS DOING THE SAME DAMN THING!!! aaahhhhh so irritating!! did you ever find out what was wrong with your car? it's gotten to the point it wont even start now :(

10

Mine did that too. It turned out to be the rev sensor on the end of the crankshaft