hello, I'm wondering what the green arrow light means in my 1998 volvo s70

Asked by Mar 31, 2015 at 02:38 PM about the 1998 Volvo S70

Well fist let me start by saying we bought this car a month an a half ago an it's had
nothing but problems.the car would just turn off while I am driving well supposedly he
fixed that today we will c I think he is a crook if ì were there he never would've bought it,
can't change that now. but now I have a green arrow pointing in the upword direction an
I'd like amother opinion. I think he sold him a shit car an now he is dragging the prosses
out so the warentry will run out please help me

595

If the light goes on and off and the car has a manual transmission, it may be an "upshift" light. It tells you the most economical moment to shift to the next highest gear, helping fuel economy.

7,610

That does sound like an upshift. of course your owners guide tells exactly. These cars can be sold in many countries and they dont always spell it out for you. International symbols may be used. Everyone associated with a car is not necessarily a "crook", sometimes people know, and cover up. Other people are afraid because they have been covering up for decades. that's human nature. the "first liar" doesent stand a chance. But then, who WAS the first liar, hahaha, but seriously, a foreign car can be troublesome and finding experienced, well schooled help and advice is valueable. Keep trying and asking till you get your piece of mind. It should not bother anyone that you would like to know how to make it run right.

Best Answer
7,610

If the car has warranty, and your dealer is not communicating well, you can try another person to talk to, just an idea.

Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately this man is a crook, I know one when I c one.w.e I just need him to fix it, lol. thanks again for your time

7,610

Hope you find parts suppliers and help that sell the highest quality. It took me a few years on my mercedes to even understand what they needed from me. It turned out, noone could give right info. there were several books I thought were right, but none of them was completely right. My clutch parts were supposed to be $638. wholly crap. ........Then I started looking through yards like a Peache, and discussing my foreign car on the forums. I had a friend tell me exactly what to do. I did not believe them, I thought they were seeking business sales for their friends. Turns out they WERE correct. A guy from finland or somewhere answered me perfectly as soon as I gave my vehicle's numbers to the forum, he had the database and told me everything except where I lost my matchbox car when I was 7. Dont give up, sometimes what we know just isnt so. In my case definitely. My car was supposed to be shipped to Japan ? Who could have known.? My attitude was controlling my altitude.

Just got a question about my s70 volvo again hopefully some one can help me out , so I have another light on its the service light but I thought that light was for an oil change I just changed it prob in Aug could there b another reason it's on.?

7,610

Are you saying the oil change has a trip minder? and it was lit? and was reset at the time of the oil change? Or can it be a "SES" (service engine soon) type system. They are OBD-II (on board diagnostics- second generation) a legally required service information system that standardizes part names to simplify for any person to research and test... I would google my make, model, year, and warning lights, to see the pics and sites to read about if I had now owners guide to refer to. Foreign cars are supposed to use ISO (an international standard) you can look into the meaning of the one you mean since I have no live example here. Of course your service drive would get this question all the time from those trying to familiarize themselves

7,610

(Volvo s70 '98 warning indicators/ service light) ?.... could be a viable search idea.