Should I buy a new car

Asked by TRRDP May 20, 2011 at 08:52 PM about the 1998 Volvo S70

My car is valued at $3,500 (1998 Volvo S70). I need a timing belt and some other repairs. At what cost of repairs should I ditch the car and buy a new one.

185

if you could sell your car, you could unload it for an 850 and easily spend alot less on one with low mileage. timing belts on volvos are expensive as hell, but if yours is in good condition and you have the money, any volvo that was made before ford bought them (they bought in 2000), is a good reliable car.

60

find a back yard mechanic and he'll do it at ur house for half the price of a garage !