My 1999 Volvo S70 blew a tie rod through the engine. The car is in good shape. Is there any value (for parts) or should I just scrap it?

Asked by Apr 26, 2013 at 01:48 PM about the 1999 Volvo S70

think that you mean "connecting rod" tie rods are responsible for steering you thru a turn and bouncing up and down while keepin' 'er steady. Replace the motor with a pickNpull motor for cheap...have your pal leonard help you with the installation for a case of beverage~

pull from a wrecked car, smashed at the rear, presumably with a good runnin' motor, you could check the odometer on your donor car~ recommend a rear collision donor~

how did you know it was a rod? punched right thru the oil pan?

would be an adventure to Pick and actually Pull....I wanna come along! need a pickup truck to drop it off the crane there~

Right. I am trying to get more information. The car is 500 miles away with one of my kids right now. Information is sketchy.

The car still has value. It could be parted out and the remainder sold for scrap. If you could find a replacement engine and had the ability to change it, it might be worth changing it. In my area, scrap yards will pay $300 and tow it away.

learn to change your oil on time~~tough lesson.