I have a 2000 Volvo Wagon I have been periodically hearing a sound in the front of the car that sounds like a big rock hit the car there is no particular thing that I do that makes this happen also periodically the light comes on that the coolant is low this I have had check they found nothing any thoughts?

Asked by Apr 07, 2014 at 10:13 AM about the 2000 Volvo S70

This sound is like a rock hitting the car - it happened this morning and it was very loud and then there were two more pops - I take great care of this wagon I am the original owner and it has had regular maintenance, oil, timing chain, brakes etc.

475

Could be a bit of wiring hitting you thermo fan when ever it turns on, that's why you might only hear it periodically. Also check your accessories belt to see if it's starting to deteriorate, Bits of the belt can start to tear off and in the process hit parts in the engine bay that can sound like rocks.