my friend is concidering a 1990 vw carbriolet with 174 ,000 miles for $1,500- are there any problems with this make and year

Asked by Aug 24, 2010 at 12:46 PM about the 1990 Volkswagen Cabriolet

I've found from researching and such most common problems found and I have had with both my 1991 and 1990 cabriolet is rusting around the windshield and fuel pumps going out. I'm not exactly sure if both are supposed to be called fuel pumps but one is located in the actual fuel tank and the other (which I think maybe a fuel relay if not an actual pump) is under the back seat. Usually if one or the other pump needs to be replaced it is mostly recommended that you replace both. Other than that I really haven't had many more issues with this type of car. Hope this isn't too late, imagine it might be.