there is water in the car and i had the windsheild and roof replaced! help!

10

Asked by Mar 15, 2010 at 02:19 AM about the 1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet

i have a constant problem with water on the floor of my car.  the convertible roof was replaced...twice.  the front windsheild is new... and i have no idea what it could be????

10

is your heat working in the car? do you lose anti freeze? it could be your heater core leaking.

10

yes. the heater works great. but i did notice the coolant was a little low the other day when a red blinking light came on the heating gauge. i topped off the coolant and it seems to be holding fine, but now that little red blinking light will not go away. the cat has not been overheating...thanks for the feedback :)

10

oops...the 'car' has not been overheating that is.

20

Check to see if the Wiper Cowl Drain is plugged. The fresh air intake is there and when rain water builds up it over flows into the fresh air intake and into the car. Often pooling behind the passenger seat.

5

est-ce que les fenêtres ont été fermées grâce aux clefs? parfois c'est un problème car caoutchouc des fenêtres pas super étanches lorsque les portes sont fermées et qu'il pleut...pas eu aucun problème depuis que je les ferme avec ma clé lorsqu'il y a prévision de pluie! good luck!

20

I fix mine if you email me ill give you my number and ill tell you how to fix it

Did u check the drain in the engine compartment? it is under the black plastic tray at the very back of the engine . If the tray is cracked or broken u will have water that can get into your car because the purpose of the black tray is to divert the water to the drain port. It is easy to see and check by visual inspection. good luck

The funny thing is I would bet you that you have old window trim on the windows. It will run down the window and into the door then out little holes in the bottom of the door and onto the floor. Drill a drain hole in the back floor board on both sides to let the water out. If you find new window trim please post where.

I have 2002 and had the same problem, at 1 point I was literally driving around with a river swooshing around in the side/botttom of my car. VW couldn't even fix it , didn't even drain out the water and told me it was the windsheild...was NOT the windsheild.... brought it to a body shop/friend of the family and he finally found the problem. Pardon my mehcanical terminology but seems there are 2 drainage? ? holes underneath the gas pedal area near the drivers side door? Hesaid they get clogged up sometimes and have to be cleaned out. I believe they did have to rip out (but put back) the some of the carpet to fix it but that did the trick and was finally drained and fixed!

Is the water noticed after a rain or after you run the A/C sometimes the A/C drain plugs up water will be in front floor only

10

is their a hole or two under the carpet? is it 5 speed? i know with one of my 5 speeds i move the leather guard and i can see outside through a tiny crack

10

oh and check for gromets on your fire wall or where your brake and accelerator cables or such go through fire wall

I'm a little late answering, I have a 91 cabby, there is a drainage hole passenger side under hood where the windsheid wiper hose connects to wipers, that hole plugs up with leaves and debris and causes the rainwater to back up over firewall, and running down under floor boards. Soaking carpets. If you open your passenger door where the hinges are there is also a plastic accordian shaped drain, you can pump it like you are milking a cow. and it clears the drains that run down the wheel wells. Hope that helps