Check engine light coming on, can't seem to get a code for it but have noticed it effects my power.

arnickstibbs
65

Asked by Jun 17, 2012 at 11:05 PM about the 1995 Volkswagen Cabrio

When my check engine light comes on, i really don't notice much, but when it goes off i have more power.
I just bought it, it's a 95 convertible 5 speed 2.0L, the guy before me said they could never get a code off
of it because the light only comes on when you're moving. It also seems too under powered when taking
off in first gear but don't really have issues in other gears. Thanks. Oh, i also have another question about
guages going out!

200,965

Even though the check engine light is off, the computer stores the code in memory, so you CAN scan or pull the codes from the car at anytime. If you notice some driveabilty problems, you do have an issue that I would get fixed. Not sure on the guage issue.

arnickstibbs
65

Ok, so the guy i bought it from is full of it and i probably got something with a major problem. I appreciate your answering my question, however, i'm not sure that i like it! lol.