when it rains my VW cabrio's engine gets full of water and it will stop running or it will not start. Why?

5

Asked by Oct 26, 2012 at 02:40 PM about the 1997 Volkswagen Cabrio

When I drive in the rain and I stop at a light, my car will stop and it will not start again. If I leave it in a garage overnight, the next morning it starts just fine. I have replaced the ignition wire, the starter, pistons, spark plugs, alternator, battery, belts... but the same thing keeps happening. They tell me that water gets in the engine and that is what happens. How can I solve that?

90

I have one suggestion. I was having a similar issue. There are some wires bolted to the frame under the battery. These should be ground wires. I was having a mess when my windshield washer tank was leaking. There was all kinds of leaves pine needles etc blocking the water from running off. I fixed the tank and cleaned out the crud. No more problems. Good luck