How do you operate the CD player in a 1997 model?

Asked by Jun 29, 2012 at 10:35 PM about the 1997 Volkswagen Cabrio

I know the player is in the trunk, and I do know how to put the CD into the device. The problem arises
when I am in the car trying to play the CD.  I can get to the CD mode which stays on 00.00 and when I
press the volume nob once, the little screen changes to "CD 1 Track 1" but how do I play it? There are no
obvious controls and I have no manual. Help?

1,415

I would try some other CDs. Mine doesnt like recorded CDs or MP3s some of your tape controls will double as CD controls. Try some factory recorded music and it should start playing automatically when it gets 00.00 on the screen-- you may need to clean the laser too? I use a laser disc cleaner once in a while to help with those issues

2,925

i would go with paul, use original cd's. it should work. if not check the cd changer