How do I lower the top? :)

20

Asked by Mar 05, 2011 at 08:39 PM about the 1997 Volkswagen Cabrio

Hello.  I just bought a 1997 Cabrio, the base model.  I don't know how to lower the top.  I don't have the Users Manual.  I know I need to release the 2 hooks up on the windshield area corners, however that's it....  Can you please advise?  Thanks.
ps I bought a Haynes Repair Manual yet it doesn't tell.

20

I figured it out. There's a knob in the trunk that needs to be pulled which releases the roof lock.

70

After you release the two hooks by the windshield, just push the top up and it will fold toward the back of the car. After it's down, to release it and raise it back up you have to pull on a little lever folded into the top on the driver's side. The top is locked and won't raise up until you pull the lever. Also, the round cable pull in the trunk has nothing to do with the convertible top. Pulling it release the latch on the back seat, allowing you to fold the seat down, exposing the trunk cavity for larger items.

40

i also have a problem to release my roof and i dont find the the lever you talking about can you please help me with more detail Jerimiah