having problems with car starting

Asked by Aug 06, 2009 at 11:44 PM about the 2000 Volkswagen Beetle

ok first off lemme just say ive rebuilt my heads fixed my water pump put a new raidaitor fixed one of the inition coils  put in a new thermastat as well as bleed it for any air. also today put in a new DIE HARd battery.put new  oil.pretty much overhauled. now  i hate hittler for making this model cause all the parts are plastic. didnt know at the time. but for some reason i dunno why but when it kinda gets hot but my sensors aint showing up on the hot side on dash.when it does and i turn off the car after use, then wanna get back in if hot it wont go the engine just turns but wont turn on. but after cools it goes. then somtimes when driving if hot when parked for a bit at a red light it just cuts off no noise just silent cut.it acts tempermental. any ideas would be of great help cause i put do much dam money in hittlers buggey

365

First of all, please use some punctuation. Second, Hitler has almost nothing to do with a New Beetle. Now that's out of the way, I have to say that it's kind of hard to diagnose such a complex modern car without seeing it. You mention that you think it gets hotter than the gauges are showing, so perhaps it's best to check the sensors with a multimeter. Assuming that you have a workshop manual, you should be able to check that all of the sensors are within the correct voltage range to be working. If the temperature sensors are fine, then you might want to have a look at the ignition coil packs again, as these can sometimes cause intermittent problems. Also, if you have the tool or can borrow one, check the ECU for error codes and see what they decode as. Modern cars like this can sometimes get beyond the ability of DIY mechanics, and I certainly don't envy the job you've got ahead of you. Good luck!