2001 Vw Cabrio Gas issue

Asked by Jul 14, 2017 at 04:59 PM about the 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio

Im out of options. My mom and I just got a new rebuilt transmission for my 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio. All parts of the transmission has been replaced, reason why I say new. But the car is still giving us some issue. The car thinks its out of gas whenever it hits around half a tank. Sometimes more. I keep sayin it has to be some sort of sensor, but the mechanic doesn't think it is. When the car starts to act up, it will nose dive and if you step on the gas, it wont react, then when you let go, either it'll keep slowing down or gun it like its going into hyper space. If anyone knows whats goin on, can you please help. It may be something thats super simple, im just not sure whats goin on and is really hesitant on spending more money on the car.

The transmission has nothing to do with the engine running badly. The fuel issue at half tank might be the fuel pickup inside the gas tank. I would let your mechanic do his job. If you don't trust him find another one.