Can you put a Rialta QD on a lift

20

Asked by Jun 21, 2014 at 06:49 AM about the 2002 Volkswagen EuroVan

We were told by the previous owner never to put the RV on a lift.  Is there any reasons for this.

73,935

It won,t hurt it.

25,345

lifts are not good for cars- they will bend the subframe, but only so very slightly that it doesn't matter- unless it's a rare collectible that will have show judges looking underneath- maybe the guy you bought it from thought it was a collectible- the dents get put in because most mechanics are monkeys who throw the cars up in the air with flat-rate abandon- a good wrench will position the lift so it will not hurt the car, at all-

4,945

The Rialta is quite tall. Most garages don't have enough room above the lift for it. Happened to my folks' Eurovan camper...crunch.

73,935

Scott ,if a mechanic cant see the roof,i don,t want him touching my rides.

77,985

You can probably put it on a suspension engaging lift but NOT a frame engaging lift. Limousines are like that as well because they're so long and heavy. HTH. -Jim

20

I have it in repairs at a truck stop so they handle very big rigs. Hopefully, they know what they are doing

77,985

That's good. When I take my :94 Limousine in for servicing I just mention it. A gentle reminder never hurts. -Jim