Transmission not shifting

Asked by Mar 09, 2013 at 11:04 PM about the 2006 Suzuki Forenza

i have i 2006 suzuki forenza with 102000 miles and just recently my transmission started acting up. I tried to pull away from a stop light and it took more acceleration than normal to go. Then i realized the check engine light was on. Not sure if it's stuck in a certain gear or not but it doesn't shift. i was going about 55 or 60 at about 3000 rpm's when normally it would only be about 2000. At first i thought maybe it could be low on fluid, but im not able to just check the fluid since there is no dipstick. It also shifts hard when going from park to reverse or from neutral to drive. It does start and run just fine so I'm not sure if it's a sensor. Is this my transmission beginning to burn up or (hopefully) a simple fix that won't cost 3000 or more dollars to fix?

10 Answers get your codes read. we can tell then.

I took it in and got the codes read and i got po700 and po734

It's your Transmission Range Sensor. It'll cost between 200-300 for a service tech to replace it. Your actual transmission should be fine. Make sure you take it to an actual Suzuki Repair center, as my normal mechanic couldn't get it right, and I went through a few of them before I had it put on correctly.

mine was doing the same so i disconect the battery and after that i did the same whit the transmission sensor and i spray electronic cleaner it was very dirty i plug it back and kaboom no more problems i hope it helps

I had the same problem, it is the trs ... found repair videos on u tube, I marked where the old one was on the top bolt with a sharpie as it has to be put in with an alignment tool, u can do it yourself without the tool, the part is around 40 bucks, took me 45 minutes and it worked on the first try! I watched many videos though,

I have problem with my suzuki Firenze/05 l replace trans range sensor but now the scanner say tranny control fault. What other need to replace?

I have my Suzuki 2006 but when I actually took it in it shows its the sparkplugs so I changed them but I still keep having the same problem it does turn on and works fine it just wount accelerate

Car runs good its just won't move all the sudden changed selector switch still won't move

My Suzuki want go at all an I just put new transmission in I want to know if it’s the sensor or what

Will transmission out of a 2003 Suzuki XL7 fit a 2006?