IS HEAD GASKET ON 91 SATURN SC 2 DOOR COUPE HARD OR ESSY TO FIX

Asked by Jul 28, 2013 at 04:24 PM about the 1991 Saturn S-Series

66,115

Not something for the inexperienced or Saturday afternoon, shade tree, mechanic to tackle. It's a big job. Honestly, for what the job will cost you can get another, newer, car. HTH. -Jim

237,715

You can purchase a chiltons manual which will have the long procedure spelled out, removing almost the whole top end of the car and pulleys. The book also has all torque values for the bolts listed. Have you done work on your car before, have all the necessary tools? Here is are some videos describing the process....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH0gHdnM1cE.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHj4iHThY2k

1,515

If you do plan on replacing it, make sure that you get the correct head gasket as the early Saturn blocks had an oil restrictor in the block and eventually changed the headgasket to include the restrictor. If you use the wrong HG or don't remove the restrictor from the block, you'll end up starving the head of oil.