Answers

10

Asked by Mar 25, 2016 at 08:58 PM about the 2000 Saturn S-Series

Can a engine blow up with the car not even
running?

79,085

Sure, if someone had put a bomb under it.

1,405

LoL , yeah I think Rowefast has a point! An engine usually fails when it has no oil in it or just has something break inside of it while you're driving it.

79,085

Like that hey?

1,405

Yeah that was pretty freaking funny when I read it! Good Job!

5,185

The answer to your question is basically no. However, the one caveat to that is that if the timing chain snaps on a cold start, the oil is completely drained and a cold start is attempted, or a critical component of the engine has not been properly re-attached, or was removed, it can cause engine failure/seizure or in slang terms "to blow up". I hope this helps. Is there a particular problem you are facing with the car? If so please, feel free to send me a direct message. I do take all of the questions I answer seriously, and do the best to back up my diagnosis with cited sources, if not actual video of me making the repairs. I have been working on Saturns for roughly 10 years owning 5 of them. Best of luck and please, let me know if I can be of assistance!