no brakes when car is turned on

Asked by Jun 06, 2017 at 10:53 PM about the 2001 Saturn S-Series

i have brakes when car is off but when i turn the car on brakes peddle goes to the floor what hell is wrong with it

1,355

Most likely it's probably one of your wheel cylinders that's leaking really bad and shot all your hydraulic fluid out do you have any leaks around your wheels have you checked your fluid level on your brake reservoir it's either that or the master cylinder is going bad and they can go bad without fluid loss from what I remember double check things and get back to us.

I changed the master cycle and brake booster front brake pads and rooters , bled everything . And still have the same issue

No leaks around car . Could be the back brake need to be done or adjustment

1,355

Yeah if you havent opened up the back wheels you need to open up the brakes in the back because you have rear drum brakes I'm sure I don't know what kind of car it is but anyway if it's rear drum brakes you have to take off the drum and look inside of it you'll see a wheel cylinder and usually that's the culprit it's usually leaking and that'll make it so you don't have any pressure if it's all the way leaking I would check if your rear brakes if you haven't done so already that's all I can say.

2001 Saturn sl1

1,355

Take the rear wheels off take the drums off the rear brakes and identify what I talked about previous and then get back to me ok

Paul Took the drums off and both cyclers have tears in them . I gonna change everything tomorrow and see how it goes or I'm gonna light up in the blaze glory lol

1,355

Don't burn out into a blaze of glory bro lol just get her done!

1,355

Hey if I was able to help you can you give me a good rating I guess you got the problem fixed right?