i have a 2001 saturn sl100 and my car wont start, i have gas, my battery is working fine, ive check the fuel pump its working fine. what else can it be? what else can i check? i need help please!

200

Asked by May 20, 2015 at 08:59 AM about the 2001 Saturn L-Series

my car had locked, stearing wheel, my key wouldent turn.
i bought a new ignition lock cylinder.
i also had got a new starter.
my car still wont start, i was told that the issue was the cylinder and starter, but its not
i gave my car a jumpstart , and still nothing
i put gas, and they said it was my fuel pump, and its not!
HELP :(

20,085

Does your car have anti theft?

113,215

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122531 -- check this out

200

i might sound dumb but what is anti theft? if your askin if my car has an alarm? no it doesnt :( ..im your typical girl, all i know is how to turn on a car and drive it . sorry! , im just tryna figure out why my car wont start, my grandpa is the one trying to fix it? or find a solution on what can be wrong with my car?.. so far we changed the lock cylinder,the starter, put gas , and switch my fuel filter. i just dont know what else it can be? i just hoped someone can give me some helpful ideas? please

20,085

This is to keep from getting your car stolen. If it does you should have a light that comes on the dash and goes off when car is started. If there is a problem it will flash constantly and not start.

20,085

Try this: 1. Turn ignition switch to run position. 2. Momentarily turn key to start position. Do not start vehicle. 3. Wait 10 minutes. 4. When security light changes from flashing to off, or from on to off, turn ignition switch to off position. 5. Perform this process 3 times.(starting with step one)After third time, vehicle should start on next ignition cycle

113,215

Also these vehicles are known for ignition cylinder lock and steering wheel lock issues.

200

okay so what if my security switch isent turning on??? :( ...cause its not?...what should i do then?... turff4x4!

200

im still having issues with my car :/ unfortunately

20,085

Does it crank over and not start or not crank at all?

30

I had similar symptoms and it was the ignition switch (not ignition cylinder). Switch is about $80 at autozone and easy to put on. Unscrew 3 screws under steering collar to reveal, then get a small star socket (E4 size) at autozone, undo 2 star bolts on the 'switch' (switch is on left side of column) undo 2 wiring harnes and replace and bolt up! Voila!

100

all of these answers suck just pop the hood and with no key in the car lift the fuse panel under the hood and hold down the engine reset button i think its orange or red and it may be called something different but you will see it hold it for about 10 to 15 seconds and your vehicle should start

10

Dear Mason Of all the suggestions ever offered on a Q&A BBs yours is by far the least desirable because you don't even ask the person posting this problem if he/she has the mechanical aptitude to go about removing/lifting the fuse panel to get underneath and look for a reset button

60

I have the same problem. ...my car won't do nothing. ...full of gas..good battery. ..and it's lock...the key will not turn at all....no sound. ..

60

I have the same problem. ...my car won't do nothing. ...full of gas..good battery. ..and it's lock...the key will not turn at all....no sound. .. Satan 2000 ls V6

30

Spicy73, I am Richcarz above about a year ago I removed my ignition switch and found contact points that were burned. Check yours to be sure. A new switched fixed me up. No issues since then. The only other thing after that is possible neutral safety switch that may need tightening up.

1,565

Sometimes battery cables "wick" with corrosion, check them see if they are brittle by bending it. Usually the positive cable down to the starter goes bad.

10

Mason's answer is the first one to try. The box is easy to open, under the hood, black rectangle unsnaps. You will see oil-r button. That's the reset. Turn key to on, then hold the button down for 10 seconds. When the lights stop flashing, turn key to off, then restart. Try it again if it doesn't work at first. Also would try without key if locked. Resets security and wrench and oil lights.

Mason is right, at least for my car and at least that works some time, but not always, when it first started doing it it worked beautifully every time but now it is getting to the point where it takes quite a long time , sometimes a couple days, so now I am looking for new suggestions ,but that oil reset button did in fact work for about 4 or 5 months

So as I was typing that last entry I was sitting at a gas station waiting on my husband to come and rescue me because pushing the oil reset button no longer worked for some weird reason. the last several times we have tried it didn't work so this time he brought a tool and reached down in and hit the starter and the car started right up with no problem, so check the starter you always know if the starter needs replaced if when you thump on it the car starts

2002 L200 2.2 4 CYL , CRANKS, HAS FIRE, HAS FUEL AT THE FUEL RAIL TEST VALVE PSI UNKNOWN, Will not start with starting fluid, oil reset light attempted several times. power to ignition coil and ground, has spark on all 4 . problem occurred after oil change and reset, vehicle ran for 10 seconds, checked oil level topped off half quart, next day battery was completely dead from a faulty turn signal switch that is worn out, removed switch battery draw is not present. so i am at a crank, fire, has fuel what a coincidence any help?

My next step is 1) hook a higher quality scanner ( the harbor freight one did not pick up any codes) the check engine light was on before I got started on the oil change. 2) pull plugs and check for compression ( possible timing chain) this thing ran like a top and was just idling. 3) CPS ( crank positioning sensor) ? check for bad sensor ( was thinking the scanner could help me with this also 4) noid test the fuel injectors ( back to fuel ) there is no security light that remains on when key is in the one position the security light is on for a few seconds then goes out.

10

Where is the starter located at in a Saturn 2001 car?

Ok I replaced my fuel pump my fuel filter and my crankshaft position sensor and my fuel pump relay it started up but then I parked it now it won't turn back on it crank up but no start what else can it be