starting/ continue running

Asked by Jan 09, 2016 at 01:54 PM about the 2002 Saturn S-Series

Please help I know nothing about cars never even changed a tire before... So here is the problem I can't get my car to start assume its starter solenoid.. Cuz when I tap starter it starts but while I'm driving as soon as I release the ga pedal it dies out unless I keep 1 foot on brake the other on gas with alittle pressure on gas pedal. What is causing this and how do I find it or repair it.. Also I can I find out if I need new starter or just the solenoid

1,405

The only two things I could think it would be beside your starter would be the throttle position sensor or the crank position sensor usually the crank position sensor makes it hard for the vehicle to start the throttle position sensor makes it hard for the idle to stay on so you have an idle problem so It could go up and down to fast on its own or make it hard so you have to use the gas to keep it started that's only things I can think I hope that helps?