accelaration issue

25

Asked by Dec 19, 2007 at 09:29 PM about the 2004 Saturn ION Red Line

I'm having a problem that it took me a while to notice, with my 2004 saturn ion redline. whenever I press the gas the car revs up high then it drops closer to normal and slowly speeds up. I had no idea why thisa would happen, obviously I don't know a lot about cars. I was trying to see if this is just my imagination or is it a problem other people have had. Does any one have any idea what would cause this?

could be a bad throtle position sensor,take to mechanic you trust.

15

you ever stop to think that your clutch might be going ?

135

i'd say sounds like a clutch slip..... i know when i'm under heavy accel. sometimes when i shift to 2nd my tach shoots up and the car takes a minute to catch up with whats going on...... i have 91k probly time for a new clutch

Best Answer

It sounds like you need to learn to drive stick. if your foot is too far on the clutch the gear won't engage and your rpms will shoot up when you hit the gas.

25

kpb5128- Don't be an ass. This issue is from over 4 years ago. It did turn out to be the clutch was going, or more accurately nearly gone.