Abs light

10

Asked by Oct 16, 2015 at 11:38 PM about the 1992 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight

Seatbelt light on and won't go off on a 1992 olds 98.  What could the problem
be?

59,165

Sounds like the inside of the buckle may be dirty. Try the crack and crevice tool of your vacuum cleaner to clean it out. HTH. - Jim

10

Sorry forgive me, must have seatbelt on the brain...I meant airbag light won't go out.. What could it be?

59,165

That's ok. It's most likely going to be either the impact sensors behind the front bumper or the clock spring in the steering column. The impact sensors tend to get water condensation inside of them and cause a problem. The clock spring is behind the steering wheel and can just wear out over time. A shop can, using the ALDL connector, pull a trouble code from the SRS (Airbag System) to determine which component is bad. HTH. -Jim