car wont start

10

Asked by Jan 29, 2016 at 02:09 PM about the 1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale

ok i have a 1995 oldsmobile 88 royal v6 so
when I go to turn it over u can here the
starter clicking n engaging but its not
turning over can anybody help

310

Make sure battery has a full charge and battery connections all good. Did you try using jumper cables to get it to start? Check voltage and ground circuits at the starter motor. Usually two voltage circuits, one comes from battery, hot all the time, the other circuit goes hot with key in the crank position and is wired through the neutral or clutch switch depending on the tranny. The starter usually grounds through the engine block. Any testing at the starter motor make sure tranny is in park or neutral and the parking brake is set. Make sure engine isn't seized.

10

i just put a new starter in n we put the jumper cables to it n let it sit n its still just clicking.

310

I gave you plenty of info for testing, the rest is up to you. I can't rule out the starter itself. You can use a testlight or digital multimeter for testing.

310

OK, the starter is new, you still need to make sure battery has a full charge. Test voltage and ground for the starter.

My 83 olds wouldn't start and I changed the starter and that wasn't the problem. I replaced my bolts and battery and it cranked right up.....also I had no fluids