About to buy a 1993 Mighty Max, the seller insists it's a stock 4WD 4-cylinder, is that even possible?

Asked by Sep 24, 2013 at 03:33 AM about the 1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup

25,235

Yes, it's definitely possible. This pickup was available with a 2.4L 4 cylinder or a 3.0L V6. Check this out: http://www.edmunds.com/mitsubishi/mighty-max-pickup/1993/

25,235

This link shows data on the 4x4 model specifically: http://www.cars.com/mitsubishi/pickup/1993/specifications/?acode=USA30MIT014A0

Thanks Racer_X. The Edmunds link lists the available options as 2WD 4- cylinder, or 4WD 6-cylinder, with no option for 4WD 4-cylinder. I've seen the same listed at other car sites too. But then the Cars.com link seems to disagree... strange that they have differing info.

25,235

I actually have a 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV AWD (same as 4x4, of course) with the 2.4L 4 Cylinder MIVEC engine. However, I checked a few other sites and everything seems (except cars.com) seems to say that the 4x4 was ONLY in the 3.0L V6 version..Here's a side by side look at ALL of the trims for the 1993 model year: http://autos.msn.com/research/compare/default.aspx?mode=trims&modelid=2074&ref=vip

25,235

If the Seller is insisting it's a 4x4, I'd tell him to verify if it is a V6...The VIN# will tell you EXACTLY what it is. Get the VIN# and either he or you can confirm everything.